One of the most wonderful places in Guatemala is the Semuc Champey National Park located in Cobán and is one of the most important tourist sites in the region. Its name means “where the river hides under the earth” in the Q’eqchi’ language because the waters of the Cahabón River rush into the subway caves at high speed, in a place known as “El Sumidero”, which can be dangerous during the rainy season, and where numerous pools of crystal-clear water of different depth and size and colors that change from blue and greenish with the variations of climatic factors during the year are formed.
Itinerary for 2 nights 3 days
- 7:00 am Departure from Antigua to Cobán.
- 12:00 m Arrival in Cobán and check-in at the hotel CHIJUL FARM
- 4:00 pm city tour visiting the tea plantation or coffee plantation of Chiripeco. And a cooking class (kak – ik); (depending on departure time).
- 5:00 am departure from Chijul to Lanquín (box lunch included)
- 8:00 am arrival to Lanquín and take a 4×4 vehicle to Semuc Champey.
- Begin the adventure in the pools where you can swim and rest, and take a tour in the caves of K’an-ba where inside you can see stalactites and stalagmites, go through some tunnels and up and down waterfalls, as well as having the company of numerous bats.
There are different activities to choose from: Horseback riding through the Chijul, kayaking, feeding the deer at the Chijul farm among others.
- 1:00 pm return to Antigua.
- 6:30 pm Approximately and depending on traffic, arrival in Antigua.
The cost of the tour offers you:
- Roundtrip transportation
- Transportation in 4×4 vehicle
- Entrance fees included
- Local guide (K’an-ba Caves)
- 2 nights accommodation at Chijul hotel
- Box lunch (Day 2)
Special group price
We suggest you to bring the following items for the greatest pleasure of your unforgettable experience:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bathing suit
- Mosquito repellent
- Sun block lotion
- Meals are not included