One of the most important pre-Hispanic cities of the Mayan civilization is Tikal, which during its time of greatest splendor had a population of over one hundred thousand inhabitants; its ruins remained hidden for centuries and were discovered in 1848 by an expedition led by Colonel Modesto Mendez. To know these important constructions is something that must be done and for this you will make a tour during two days.
The cost of the tour offers you:
- All ground and air transportation
- Transportation: Antigua/Airport/Antigua Shuttle: Airport/Tikal/Airport Flight: Guatemala City to Flores (round trip)
- Professional bilingual tour guide day 1
- 1 night accommodation at the Villas del Lago Hotel – Private room with private bathroom
Tikal Park Tour Package Does Not Include:
- Beverage purchases (soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Tips for the Tikal Park guides
- Any service not detailed above
NOTE: Package prices are subject to change until payment is received.
We suggest you to bring the following items for the greatest pleasure of your unforgettable experience:
- Tours and transportation may be shared with other people. Tikal Park guides are bilingual. Please remember to bring: Comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Rain cover, a warm layer and / or windbreaker
- Rain jacket, Personal medications, Camera, Hat, Sunglasses and sun block, Quetzal in cash, 2 liters of water (minimum) Flashlight (the jungle is DARK at night!)
DAY 1 SCHEDULE:
- 04:00AM: Transportation from Antigua to Guatemala City Airport.
- 06:30AM: Flight from Guatemala City to Flores.
- 07:30AM: Arrival in Flores. Transfer to the hotel. Check-in at Villas del Lago.
- 09:00AM: Transportation to Tikal National Park. Beginning of the group tour to the ruins.
- Q250: Entrance fee to the park on the first day is included.
NOTE: If you wish to tour the park on the second day, please purchase your ticket at the entrance.
- After finishing the Tikal tour, you have to be at the entrance and ask for the Canopy tour which is included
- If you re-enter the ruins of Tikal Park after lunch, please make sure to keep your entrance ticket
- Once you finish the Tikal tour with the group, the driver will take you to the entrance to start the canopy tour
- When you finish all the activities, the transportation will be ready to take you back to the Villas del Lago hotel
DAY 2 SCHEDULE:
- Breakfast before starting the tour.
- Flores Island tour starts at 8:00AM until 11:00AM.
- 12:00AM: Check out from the hotel (luggage can be left safely at the hotel’s reception)
- After finishing the tour, you can eat your lunch and explore around the island.
- 04:00PM Transfer: From the hotel reception to the Flores airport
- 06:30PM: Flight back to Guatemala City (Q20 p/p airport tax not included)
- 07:30PM: Arrival in Guatemala City, Transportation back to Antigua home (Olga De Molina)
- Everyday at 4:00am